Exclude me from this narrative immediately.
So I think I have the answer for when this Katy Perry vs. Taylor Swift feud will end – never. And if I can’t be excluded from the narrative, then I’m dragging you along for the ride with me, so buckle up.
In case your petty radar hasn’t beeped you into the drama, here’s the very, very, very brief version of events…
• Taylor alludes to the feud in a 2014 interview, saying that her song “Bad Blood” was about someone she thought was her friend but “tried to sabotage an entire arena tour” of hers.
• Fans assume Taylor is talking about how dancers from her Red tour jumped ship to work on Katy's tour instead.
• The day after the interview, Katy tweets warning people to “watch out for the Regina George in sheep's clothing”.
• Taylor releases the video for “Bad Blood”, with people saying the “villain” has a strong resemblance to Katy Perry.
• And basically the feud between Katy and Taylor has been bubbling away ever since (Katy released “Swish Swish” which was heavily rumoured to be about Taylor, while people also think Taylor threw shade at Katy in the “Look What You Made Me Do” video by dressing up as her and holding a Grammy, something Katy has yet to win).
Well, it seems that the feud is far from ending, because people think Katy just took another shot at Taylor on American Idol. It started when a contestant apologised to Katy before saying that he looks up to Taylor Swift.
Katy fended any initial awkwardness off by saying it was obviously OK.
But the contestant really wanted his love of Taylor Swift to be known.
Which is when the awkward shade was thrown.
Don’t think it was awkward? Watch the clip for yourself!